Catching Up Weeks 41-45

It has been a while since I had uploaded or even thought about posting an Edublog. Admittedly, it has slipped my mind until I got reminded that I needed to be doing these so I guess I’ll just recap on the last few weeks of preclinical tasks and my experiences during that time.

Being in lockdown but having to go to preclinic at the same time really allowed me to focus on honing and improving my restorative skills. Even though we did not have the opportunity to see patients, I think it was a great opportunity to focus on our skills such as, hand dexterity, indirect vision and just overall restorative knowledge. While we were limited to coming in two times a week, I tried to fully utilise our time in the preclinic to ask our demonstrators questions and have them fully evaluate our work. Over the weeks I felt that my skills were improving with every session and my knowledge and ability to judge and critically appraise my own restoration were all being developed. By week 45, I felt that the amount of intensive hours we have spent working on mannequins can have a direct translation to our ability to work on real patients. Although being in the preclinic compared to the clinic are completely different environments, the knowledge and skills we have accumulated will definitely contribute to our success when working on a real patient.