Week of 7th dec

This week was our last week of clinic until next year. I was able to see 3 patients this week which was really enjoyable and such a relief.

On Monday I had booked one of my previous patients with Shahzia so I could assist her. This patient needed to be referred for her wisdom teeth to be removed due to impaction and for a suspected carious lesion that we needed bitewings and a PA of as well as a S/C. I assisted with the S/C as we used EMS and then learnt how to use the new digital xray system which I prefer so much more which was exciting.

In the afternoon I had my paeds patient from the other week who I had to place sealants on and debride sextant 3. I completed my S/C first then placed a rubber dam to complete the fissure sealant on the 16. I was so pleased with my results however I wasn’t able to complete all sealants I needed as we were slow to start. The patient was compliant and happy when I tested the sealant with articulating paper and I was proud of my work. I’ll book the patient in the new year to continue my treatment plan.

On Tuesday I had my last patient of the year in GP clinic. She was really friendly and we were able to build a strong rapport. This patient had pain behind her left ear due to grinding causing TMD. I gave her advice and tips on this and provided her with a sheet of paper from RDHM on TMD. This patient had good oral hygiene and her teeth were sound considering her age and the many restorations she had. I completed a comprehensive oral examination and took bitewings using the new digital X-ray system and placed her on a 12month recall. Patient was compliant and happy.