Week of nov 23rd

This week was all about recovery. I missed out on a full day of preclinic on the Monday where I was meant to complete anterior cons as I had to rest and attend a physio appt. The physio concluded I had overused my wrist as it wasn’t used to the repetitive actions I was doing at such a high volume. He gave me exercises to do to build strength in my wrist to ensure I maintain my strength and not just rest it completely.

The next day I went into preclinic and helped assist another group in which she had placed SDF on a patient. It was an interesting case and great to see how to place SDF clinically.

On Friday our patients didn’t show up so we went next door to where DDS were and I watched a student complete and extraction of a posterior molar. It was a really great experience and interesting to see how the student informed the patient throughout the appt and how she operated.

Saturday was our last preclinic in mohtec where we were able to complete any tasks we were not able to complete in previous sessions. My wrist had recovered and felt fine (Yay!) so I went ahead and started Monday’s tasks of anterior Incisal restorations. Which I found challenging but very rewarding and I was able to update my padlet on my experience completing this activity.