Week 4- online learning

At the beginning of online learning it felt very different and very chaotic with so many lectures and activities to do everyday. I felt like I couldn’t keep up with the classwork and assignments on top of that. However, being week 5 now, I think I’ve settled in quite well and adjusted to the timetable and daily routine by making goals of what I need to do each day.

Yesterday we had a zoom meeting with Clare, our demonstrators, and also BOH3 students. I found the session very informative and assuring. At the same time I felt exhausted just hearing about how we were going to have to debride with only hand instruments on our patients once we get back to clinic as we weren’t going to be allowed to use ultrasonic scalers. The demos talked about their experiences currently at their perio clinics and gave us advice on ways we could prepare ourselves for a comeback to clinic. They reminded us of basic debridement skills and emphasised the importance of sharpening our instruments and I actually found this zoom session quite motivating and I plan to practice debriding on my teeth models and refine my skills on it as much as I can, so that I am prepared when the time comes to do it in real on a patient.

One thought on “Week 4- online learning