The Conclusion to Intensive

The 2nd and 3rd week of intensive was much more hands on. We were able to get handsy in pre-clinic through the revision of hand-scaling and instrumentation, as well as  fissure sealants and small occlusal cavity preps. In addition, we were able to apply the skills learnt in on LA and demonstrate the procedures required to administer LA. I felt as if the structure of the intensive definitely gave me the framework and preparation to conduct a LA procedure on a classmate on the last day of intensive.

In retrospect, the 3-weeks of intensive for me was definitely enjoyable and vastly knowledgable. I definitely felt a sense of belonging – a feeling that i am apart of something beyond just a university degree. Being in the same program together with your  classmates definitely allows us to empathise with each other’s experiences – whether it may be waking up early to attend our lectures together, or seeing each other first thing in the morning for pre-clinic or clinic. Sharing a common experience together, and a sense of bond definitely separates our degree from others.

Furthermore, being able to seek guidance and mentorship from demonstrators who want us to succeed and be the best clinicians we can be is definitely something that i definitely cherish in this course.  Even with our individual differences and abilities the demos and teachers in the course are eager to provide us with their wealth of experience and pass on their knowledge onto us to succeeed.

I am really looking forward to apply all of the information i’ve learnt throughout BOH1, as well as intensive week into the clinic, and also learning day by day from my peers and demonstators in a field with a reservoir of obtainable knowledge.

2 thoughts on “The Conclusion to Intensive