Online classes and CPD

The transition to face-to-face to online classes was very unexpected for me, as I never imagined we would be having to do such as thing.  It was very surreal last Friday, as we said goodbye to our teachers and friends at uni as if it was the last time and we weren’t going to meet in a very long time, but at the same time, I felt a bit piece knowing that we were going to come back to uni and hopefully continue everything as it was before in preclinic and clinic. At home, under these circumstances, I’m very happy with the learning resources we have been given by our teachers and the effort they have put in for us to make the transition to online classes smooth, so we can continue our learning at home and not forget it. It’s also a good opportunity to revise last year’s content and also this year’s.

This week I also completed an online CPD (continuing professional development)- infection control training for COVD19. I was given some information to read through and then in the end, quiz questions to answer. I learned the basics of the virus, how it is spread and what precautions we need to take to keep ourselves and families safe. Attending CPD events is compulsory and it is how health practitioners maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge on up to date knowledge about oral health. I know how important these are because we need to be kept up to date about dental skills and knowledge when we start working, as oral health professionals, so we can deliver the best care to our patients.

I’m looking forward to the rest of this remote teaching period and hope to continue learning, and become better for when we resume normal classes again.

Certificate of Acknowledgement- COVD-19 infection control training