Weeks 2 & 3 of intensive!!

The BOH2 Intensive period was a great experience for me. Weeks 2 & 3 were definitely more challenging in comparison to the first week, with longer lectures, practicals & pre-clinic. In week 2, we focused primarily on the content & theory for local anaesthetics. Although the lectures were long, the content was actually quite interesting which helped me retain the most of the knowledge. In week 3 we applied our newly acquired knowledge through various practicals, such as the chicken fillet prac as well as our viva & injecting LA on our classmates. Although they were all quite daunting at the time, I’m glad we had the opportunity to do these activities as it really boosted my confidence in administering local anaesthetic.

I think the intensive period was a really great initiative & was definitely beneficial to me and my classmates.

One thought on “Weeks 2 & 3 of intensive!!

1. HI Dan, you have written this on my blog – can you repost it on your own as well? I am glad you enjoyed the intensive – we are thinking we should shorten the revision and space out the LA so we will definitely ask for your feedback before we make changes.