Telehealth ain’t that bad

For the few sessions I was in the clinic doing Telehealth…I actually did not find it that bad. Sure it was nerve racking holding the phone up to your ear and dialling a strangers number to ask them to complete a questionnaire that would unearth their many deep and darkest dental secrets. But once you got in the groove of things…it was not that bad. What I struggle to do in Telehealth is not sound like a robot. When you start to do a few calls, you get into a routine and every call starts to sound the same. I don’t want to call people and sound like I’m just reading off a fat document (which is essentially what the oral health questionnaire is) that has no personality and charm. Basically, what I’m saying is, I don’t want to sound like a telemarketer reading their script to try to sell you electricity. Coming up with different ways to ask and integrate these questions from the questionnaire into a more informal conversation is something I would’ve liked to work on if we had more time in the clinic.