I’m kinda excited for 3rd year…But let’s not jinx anything

As much as I feel like I am the most incompetent practitioner there is out there, I am actually very excited to go out and start placements around Melbourne next year. I’m excited to apply all this new theory I’ve accumulated out into practice. Hopefully next year while on placement, I can begin to start networking more with people within my field and start to build a sense of familiarity with the dental scene  in Melbourne. I am excited for all the new patients I’ll see that will leave me with funny or frustrating stories I’ll have to tell from the experience. I’m excited for all the new treatments I’ll carry out for the first time and then cry afterwards because, A, I did such an amazing job, or more commonly, B, because I butchered it so bad. But still, I’m excited to continue working hard on develop my skills as an oral health therapist, and also to get a taste of the real world and what working life might feel like. This is all running along the lines that Covid magically disappears next year and none of my clinical time will be affected. Knock on wood KNOCK ON WOOD!!

One thought on “I’m kinda excited for 3rd year…But let’s not jinx anything

1. I’m sure that next year will be great, Tim Tam! Really different than this year in the sense that we won’t have as much new theory to cover and assignments to do, but also different in the sense that the hours of clinical experience will be so much more full on… bring it on!