My academic advising meeting

One of the questions I was asked by my academic adviser was how comfortable and confident I am feeling to move into BOH3?

Being away from the clinical and preclinical sessions is difficult and has impacted my hand skills. Not only my hand skills but also my overall knowledge and management of patients in dentistry. Having those amazing sessions in DTC was really supportive at some point because I used to apply the anatomy and knowledge I learned since the start into practice alongside practicing my hand skills. Professional communication and learning about responsibility and decision-making were also a part that I aimed to develop in those sessions. However, my response to that question was that I do not think I have enough experience that could make me confident to be a BOH3 student. Again, we are all going to start at some point and this could have happened this year with good practice or next year with our placements. My final message or comment was that I will need to push up myself a little bit and face the difficulties to learn more about dentistry.