ORAL MED SERIES!

I have only just recently found myself up to date with the oral medicine content. Safe to say there was A LOT of content, but it was such interesting information too. We have already received lectures from such a broad range of specialities including dermatology that I can’t wait to see what the future lectures to be released consist of into next year. I think it’s so important that we have a well-rounded education including topics like dermatology and oncology, because one way or another, unfortunately patients will present to us with conditions like SCC and H+N cancers and I’d much rather be prepared to support these patients to the best of my ability rather than shy away from learning about it in depth due to the sometimes malevolent nature of these conditions. Learning about H+N cancers has really showed me how broadly it can affect patients in more than just a medical way. The social implications of going through cancer tx was something I hadn’t really thought all too much about so I truly am grateful to be receiving these lectures. Sad as some of the patient outcomes may be, if I can provide any deal of comfort to a patient throughout one of the most challenging periods in their life, then I suppose it makes every single lecture more than worth while!